The nurse aide classes being offered by instructors found in Verona, New Jersey are all available here. Use the facility phone number to get details of the latest sign-up dates. If you know of other nursing assistant courses that are available, send them to us and we will add them here.
Essex County Vocational Schools
900 Bloomfield Avenue, Verona, NJ 07044
If you want to take care of patients as a CNA, you must first know what a nursing assistant is all about. Nursing assistants take care of the patients with the use of the basic nursing skills and knowledge they have learned while enrolled in a training program. They get to help the patient maintain and monitor their health status. While working, they are under the supervision of a registered nurse.
It is not enough to get your name on the New Jersey Nurse Aide Registry to work as a CNA. Your name and status on the Registry must also be valid or active. CNA licenses in this state last only for 2 years. Since the PSI is in-charge of maintaining the NJNAR, their renewal mailer will notify you 45 days before your license expires.
There are several conditions that must be net for your license to be renewed. These include:
• An active or valid nursing assistant certificate/license.
• Have worked and been paid for 7 hours of providing nursing or nursing-related services in a long-term care facility for the past 24 consecutive months.
• Have not gotten his/her certificate/license revoked or suspended.
• Completed the CBI and fingerprinting before the expiration of the certificate/license.
Since a nursing assistant certificate is a basic certification, advance certificates such as medication aide certificates will also require it to be active before they can be renewed. In addition to the requirements of renewing your nursing assistant certificates, there are also other requirements that are specific to the advance certifications.
To renew a medication aide certificate/license, you must:
• Complete the 10 hours of continuing educations, seminars, or in-service training every 24 months. These 10 hours will be divided equally into a review of the fundamentals of Nursing and skills and knowledge needed in the administration of medications, and 5 hours of topics that include current medications that are used in elderly care.
• Be able to provide proof of training and education to the PSI testing center.
This is a township that is located in Essex County. This township was once a part of a single town called Horseneck Tract. According to the last census, their total population had reached up to a total of 13,332 people. Their population density is estimated to be around 4,800/sq mile. You can find that the total area of the township is estimated to be around 2.776 sq miles, all of it is land. This township is bordered by places like Montclair, Cedar Grove, Essex Fells, West Orange, and North Caldwell.
The health care facilities that are found in the township include Atlantic Physican Assoc, Y & L Health Care Clinic, Correctional Health Services Inc., Family Center At Montclair The LLC, Montclair Psychology Associates, The Mental Health Association in NJ, Advanced Counseling & Coaching Services, Medical Request Services, and plenty more. photo attribution: jkd_atlanta