Nursing assistants, or otherwise known as the nurses’ aides, are health professionals who are working under the supervision of the nurse. They work in various settings which include the nursing homes, hospice, assisted living, hospitals, correctional institutions, community-based long-duration care, and other settings that provide long-term care.
These professionals render help to different clients of various ages by performing majority of the basic daily tasks. They play a vital role in the lives of the patients as they are the ones who have extensive contact with them, thus, leaving them the duty to keep the nurses up-to-date regarding the essential information about the conditions of the patients.
Nursing assistants play important roles in the field of health care which make it vital that one should have relevant and interesting data on the resume especially when applying for nursing assistant jobs. The resume needs to be more enticing as much as possible in order to be noticed. This is important so that one can get hired right away especially that the position is in great competition.
When creating a certified nursing assistant resume, it must stand out among the rest in order to get the position in this field of health care. The goal of your resume is to impress the employers.
Below are steps in creating a resume that you can take into consideration.
– The header should contain your name and title written in bigger font compared to the rest of the font of the resume’s content to give emphasis on you as the applicant. Be certain to include writing your contact details such as the home address, home telephone number, mobile number, and the e-mail address.
– Write the position you are applying for, which includes its brief description, in order to give specification of the job title that you prefer. This will highlight the duties and responsibilities of the job you desire to have, thus, giving the employer an idea that you are aware of them.
– Include in your resume your different objectives for the job. This will introduce you to the employers regarding your target goals for the job. It will also reflect your expectations.
– Next is to write your nursing skills. This will show your capabilities and assets in the field of healthcare. It gives reflection on your expertise which the employers can gauge as to what you are capable of doing. These skills may include patient care and safety, monitoring of vital signs, diagnostic testing, administration of medicines, charting, patient advocacy, and many more.
– Make sure to include putting in your professional work experience which you may have done. This will give highlight to your resume as it will show what work you have experienced doing and in what kind of setting you have delivered your skills.
– Your educational attainment may also be part of the resume because this will show from which school you have learned the knowledge and skills of being a nursing assistant.
– You may add essential information like your availability for all shifts and willingness to extend hours as well as do weekend assignments because many facilities would love to hire one that is eager is to go an extra mile.
You can download a CNA resume example template for Microsoft Word from this link.
Visit this page for more information on how to write a CNA cover letter.