The nursing assistant training programs conducted by schools in Corvallis, Oregon are all listed on this page. Included in the list are CNA classes with different training levels. Some of the facilities also have on-line training sessions. For more information, just contact the number provided.
Samaritan Nurse Assistant Training Program
3600 NW Samaritan Drive,
Corvallis, Oregon 97330
[Only Level 2 Nurse Aid Programs Are Currently Available]
One cannot work as a nurse aide without a CNA license. If you want to get one, you must get your name entered on the Nurse Aide Registry by passing the competency evaluation exams. Before you can take the exams, you must establish eligibility first by either:
• Completing a nursing assistant 1 training course that is approved by the OSBN within the last 2 years.
• Complete a certified nurse aide training program that is offered by a different state, which offers at least 75 hours of training
• Complete training as a military corpsman or medic and have at least 400 hours of paid work experience within the same time.
• Graduate from an approved nursing school within the last 1 to 3 years.
To apply for the exams, you can either :
• Download a copy of the exam application packet from www.oregon.gov/OSBN and send the forms, required documents, and the corresponding fees to the address provided at the top of the application form.
• Get the application forms and schedule your exam through your nursing instructor.
When picking out your preferred exam date, you must choose a day that is at least 21 days from the date you submitted your application. You can obtain the available approved dates by asking your instructor, going online, or calling the Headmaster toll free number at (800) 393-8664.
The license exam normally consists of a written and a return demonstration of the selected nursing skills that were taught during training. To get your CNA 1 license, you must pass all the tests. If you pass both the exams, you should get your license in the mail within 10 working days from your exam date. If you fail, you will get a notification about your exam and about which areas you excelled and which areas you require improvement.
Every applicant must pass the exam within one year from the completion of their training program or application. In addition, they are also given three attempts to pass. If the candidate fails after the third attempt, he will no longer be allowed to retest unless he completes another training program.
This city is part of the central western portion of Oregon. It is the county seat of Benton County and is the principal city of the Corvallis, Oregon Metropolitan Statistical Area. According to the census of 2010, they now have a population of around 4,462. The total area of the city is 13.8 sq miles and a population density of 3,625.6/sq miles. You can find Newport on its west side and Portland on its north. It is also located southwest of Albany and north of Eugene/Springfield. The major highways that run through the city include Oregon Route 34 and U.S. Route 20.
Examples of health care centers in the area include Corvallis Family Medicine, P.C., BENTON COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER, Sexual Health Clinic Benton County Health Department, Samaritan Dialysis Services, Corvallis Family Medicine, P.C., Samaritan Gynecology and Surgical Associates, and Corvallis Heartspring Wellness Center. photo attribution: ufv